Monday, January 26, 2009

A mouse in my house!!!

We had MANY children here! It's a Daycare play date!
Here are some more kids eating lunch at the counter.

This is the barricade we made to try and get the mouse out!


Is this a good friend or what? Here's Abby setting up the wall.



It looks like it would work, right? Or maybe not!!!




Last week we saw a mouse run from my kitchen into my living room. Bryan searched around for it, but couldn't figure out where it went. A few hours later (after Bryan went to work), I found it behind the tv. Now if you know me at all, you know I am SEVERELY afraid of mice. In a crazy way afraid!!! I ran into my room and locked my door (with all the kids too!). Thank goodness my dear friend Abby was coming over for a play date, so I had some moral support! Abby actually chased it with a broom back and forth from under the couch to back behind the tv! Finally I came up with this great plan to build a barrier that goes from the tv to the slider door. So we tried to shoo it out with a broom, but it of course found one tiny crack in our barricade and got away! How is it possible that a mouse is smarter than us?? Smarter an QUICKER! So I left the whole concoction up for Bryan that night. He chased it around some more, and again lost the dumb thing! So we haven't seen it since. But the pictures are quite entertaining, so I thought I should share them!

No comments: