Saturday, September 1, 2007

The BIG Storm





The Wednesday, August 22 storm sure hit us hard! It started out being pretty fun.... the whole family sat in our screen porch together to watch all the lightning and rain. Soon we lost power, so we had to scramble for flashlights and candles! The kids were freaking out of course, but Bryan and I are storm lovers! We love to watch the storm pass by! Once the rain calmed down, I went out onto our deck to see the open sky. That's when I noticed so many leaves on our deck!! I soon realized that all those leaves were the top of an entire tree!! The next morning I awoke to the sound of my neighbor's chainsaw (we still had no power), so I went outside to check out the damage! To my surprise, I found MANY trees that had fallen over! Also, the tree RIGHT next to our camper is split in half and is still leaning on a major angle!! Thank GOD that tree fell the OTHER way and not on my favorite camper!!! Last week Bryan, my brother, and I got the 2 trees cleared away that fell on the deck. The split tree by my camper is still there. If anyone knows anyone who can get that down (like a professional), please let me know! I made many calls, but apparently the tree service people are quite busy!! Bryan kept a chunk of a leaning tree trunk in the woods so we will always remember this storm! What a storm it was!!

No comments: