Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Welcome to the World, Daniel James!

He has a really long torso!
Big Brother Jaden and "Not the Baby anymore" Tyson

Dana was so excited to go see the baby!


Rylee is a pro at holding babies!



Can you tell I was excited???




Jaden LOVES his new brother!





My parents with grandbaby number 6! My Dad gave him the St. Blaise blessing because he was born on the Feast of St. Blaise.






He was content as can be under the light warmer thing!







Happy Family!!!








Proud Daddy!









Maria could not wipe that smile off her face!










Me either! I love this baby!!!!











My new nephew, Daniel James, has arrived! Maria gave birth to him yesterday (February 3, 2009) at 1:21 p.m. He weighed in at 7 lbs 6 oz and was 20 inches long. Maria was a CHAMP! Women and my family do not push out babies, but Maria put us all to shame! She labored for about 15 hours or so, and pushed for 25 minutes! She did awesome! Daniel is healthy as can be and soooo beautiful! He looks a lot like Jaden did, but only smaller and less chubby! He is nursing well, and basically loves being attached to the breast! Matt is a very proud Daddy too, and was awake about 40 hours before he could go home to get a good night's sleep. My Mom, Matt's mom, and I were all outside the door when he was born. We heard her pushing for a few minutes, and then we heard the sound of his cry! It was amazing! I knew I was very excited about his birth, but I didn't know I would LOVE him THIS MUCH!!! It's still weird for me to see my little sister with a baby. She has wanted this for soooo long, and she has really been down a long road to get him. Now that he is here, we are so grateful and so happy. She is going to be a GREAT mom! Congrats, Matt and Maria! Welcome to the World, Baby Daniel... we love you soooo much already!!

No comments: